7.21.2009

I don't understand...

Why people call it "the DI". As in, "I got this shirt at the DI." You got that shirt at the Deseret Industries? THE Deseret Industries? I got my shirt at the Ross and my pants at the American Eagle.

Now, I don't mean to offend because some of my closest friends (including my husband) have said this before. I've held my confused tongue, but now, after reading it typed in a blog, must publicly pose the question. I just don't get it. It's never made much sense to me.

Also, the Duggars are hanging out with Dolly Parton on this week's episode of 18 kids and counting. That's funny.

Josh's little brother, Jared leaves for the MTC in Argentina tomorrow. We'll get to see him as he walks past security in the SLC airport tomorrow morning and then it's only letters for two years. Crazy! It will be really strange not having him around the Mangelson's house, but I know he'll do a great job. We went to his farewell on Sunday and he gave a great talk along with a powerful testimony. We'll miss him, but it will also be interesting to hear about his adventures and see his growth from his time in Uruguay.

Another happening is that Josh and I splurged for a blu-ray player last night. We figure while we have a few extra pennies this summer, we might as well buy what we want because we'll be super poor in a few months. That's responsible, right? Who cares about saving for rainy days when you can buy a blu-ray on sale for $100?! We also bought Coraline! It came with the blu-ray, dvd, and 4 pairs of 3D glasses. Holy cow I love this movie and if you live in Logan or travel up here, you are welcome to come over and watch it. It's {as Lacy would say} g-mazing.

I think I'll to go to the DI and check out their latest selection of books tomorrow. I love the DI.

B.

2 comments:

  1. This was probably the funniest thing I've read in a long time. If I ever say " the DI" and not as a joke, you have my permission to smack me upside the head.

    ReplyDelete