7.27.2009

Home

This post has been a long time coming and it's more of a post for myself than for people to actually read. However, since I'm posting it on my blog, feel free to read.

When we were in Provo for the 4th of July something hit me. Provo isn't my home. It was weird. I love Provo and there have been times where I've wanted to stay there forever, but not anymore. I don't know that place. It's changed so much in the three years that I've been gone. Everything from the color of some of my favorite houses to the movie theater by University Mall. It just doesn't feel the same. I guess it's all a part of growing up and leaving 'the nest', but I have very few ties to that city anymore. {and know that if you are one of those ties, you still rock.} Which leads me to this...

I love Cache Valley. Funny, right? If I would have been having this conversation two years ago it would have been completely different. I hated Logan when I first moved here. However, it's grown on me a lot over the years. In many ways it's just like Provo, but it has so many things that Provo doesn't have. Now, not to put down my old stomping grounds, but seriously! You think BYU fans have pride? Have you ever met an Aggie fan? There's a feeling in this little valley that you can't find anywhere else. I love it!

I think one of the reasons why Logan feels so much like home to me is because it's where I met and fell in love with Josh. I have very interesting memories of our year at Pine View, and many mixed feelings, but all and all I loved getting to know Josh there. I love seeing him on campus crossing the quad, I love where we took our engagements, I love our little apartment. I love driving through the canyon with him on spontaneous "we need to get out of Logan" trips and I love how beautiful this valley is in the summer.

We went on a walk yesterday and walked about 8 blocks on Main Street. It's amazing how fast you can zoom by and not notice your surroundings. Logan has such an old fashioned feel to it. I feel a little more in love with it last night. {not to mention that now we're getting a WalGreens that I'll be able to walk to from our apartment. Woo!}

There will be a time, I'm sure, when we'll leave Cache valley. I'll miss driving down 4th north from campus and only being able to stare at the temple. I'll miss seeing so many cars from Malad/Preston that you'd think we were in Idaho. I'll miss how pretty this place is most of the year {sorry, I hate the winters up here...} I'll miss my home.

8 comments:

  1. you moved Logan? Wow. It must have been pretty heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...yeah I really should proofread these before I post them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Agreed. Although I never plan on living here forever, for right now - it is home. And I LOVE it. My husband, unfortunately, does not share the same sentiments...but dear old Logan will always have a place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Logan SOO MUCH! Maybe I'll live there again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks brit. im so home sick for logan, and this helped a lot. NOT. ahhhh i cant wait to get back. i miss home!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah... I love Logan. It's definitely got that attractively-quaint feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay I totally understand what you mean! I feel the same way about Cedar City, granted I didn't meet a husband there but i still feel that you get attached to places like this where you grow a lot and in a way find yourself. or at least that's how it is with me and Cedar : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww.. I miss it now. Drive by the mansions in the historic district and eat at Grist Mill for me, okay?

    ReplyDelete