2.19.2013

Fo-see

It's been a while since I've done any sort of update on these kids. So, let's start with the eldest, shall we?


Sophie is turning into quite the talker. She's definitely in the 'repeat everything she hears' phase and that's gotten us into trouble a time or two (like the time Josh almost drove on the wrong side of the road, or how she's now started asking for Josh by name in the morning...) but it's mostly funny and I think it's something that every kids goes through. 

She's obsessed with taking baths. When I ask them if they want to take a bath, she usually squeals in excitement, drops everything and runs upstairs. Lillian usually gets tired of playing in the water after a half hour or so, but not Sophie. That kids could play in there for over an hour if I let her. She usually "cooks" something in the bath which involves pouring water from different cups, mixing with spoons and then sipping it with the proud exclamation, "Oooooo YUMMY!"


She's finally given up the binky, but as you noticed in my last post, she's found a few interesting substitutes. I'm not sure what to do about that...just let it be? Take away all of the Mr. Potato Head toys? Who uses angry eyes for a binky? My kid, apparently!


She's sooooooo stubborn. Oh goodness is she stubborn! Just this morning, she tried to push Lillian down the stairs and I took away her blanket and wouldn't give it back until she said sorry/gave her sister a high five (I've found that hugs usually cause more problems than they're worth) and she refused for a FULL 20 minutes. She wasn't in huge meltdown mode, just this snarky "NO" attitude with lots of glares. I'm terrified for her preteen/teen age years...

On the same lines of being stubborn, I'm pretty sure this girl knows her colors, she just lets me know that everything is pink because she knows it gets to me. Luckily, she has a mother that's just as stubborn and persistent, so we'll get there some day, I guess. 

 

She's got the most contagious laugh. The other day we were at church and she started laughing hysterically because the books she was reading to herself was that funny. The families in front, behind and to the side of us were all chuckling. I was a little embarrassed, but at the same time, I thought it was pretty awesome. 

This kid is the master of the iPad/iPhone. We have mostly educational apps and she knows how to navigate her way through almost all of them. 


Sophie makes me laugh constantly. She does things because she knows it'll get a laugh out of people and several times a day I think, "where did this personality come from???" but then I remember how *I* was as a kid and it all makes sense. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment