Florida wrap-up coming soon, promise.
I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. At times I've felt sorry for myself, felt frustrated at myself, and have had little motivation to do much. Last night, I was browsing on pinterest and I came across one of my friend's board called, "General Happiness". While the things pinned on the board are good, that wasn't what got me thinking. The phrase "General Happiness" got stuck in my head and I thought about it for hours. I decided to write a list of my general happinesses (yep, hapinesses) in a pretty striped notebook that a friend recently gave me. Here are a few things from that list.
- Being barefoot in grass
- The fact that after almost a year, I can still smell the 'new house' smell every once and a while
- Josh's cooking
- The friends I have made through my blog
- Dancing in my kitchen (I've just got to remember to have the blinds and curtains closed... HA!)
- Rootbeer floats
- Feeling so small in my king sized bed
- Soft blankets
- Brownie batter
- My friends' and families successes
- Looking at old blog posts from when it was just Josh and me
- Texting B (a participant from my old job)
- Josh's nicknames for me and our girls
- Seeing my 6 year old neighbor get excited about something (she's adorable and easily excited)
- My great neighbors and visiting teachers
- Feeling the sun on my back
- Long, hot baths
- The fact that my left calf muscle is still stronger than my right one even though I haven't really danced in over 5 years.
- The sound of running water
- Warm summer nights
- Choreographing a dance to literally every song I hear. Sometimes even ones I sing at church.
Turns out that was most of them. :)
I came up with this list in a matter of a couple minutes and it made me feel great. I've done gratitude journals and lists before, but just jotting down random things that make me happy was something I hadn't really done before. I think I'll continue to do it from time to time in my new little notebook.
You should try it.
It's really happy.
:) i love you britt!! what a great reminder!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! I need to do the same. And I'm with you on the long hot baths! LOVE THEM!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this! My sister and I have been doing this for a few years now and It is so much fun to look back and know exactly what I was going through when I wrote them down. It's a great way to lift your spirits when you are feeling down. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is a fabulous idea! I ought to do the same :) thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete