4.24.2012

Florida Part 2

The next couple of days in Florida were really fun. We went to the beach on Wednesday and the girls got to experience the ocean for the first time. They were absolutely terrified of it. I was ok with that because keeping track of two toddlers on the beach seemed like a daunting task. They mostly just played in the sand and hung out on the damp sand, staying far away from the waves. 




 Sophie letting the ocean know how much she hates it. 



After we got back, we cleaned up, played outside for a little bit and headed out to a delicious Amish restaurant. I had no idea Sarasota had a rather large Amish community. (I guess technically, they're Mennonites, but they advertised their shops and things as "Amish"). The girls (who hadn't napped since Utah) were pretty grumpy. I was tired, they were tired and let's just say all 3 Mangelson girls cried during dinner (at the restaurant mind you). Moving on....




The girls were obsessed with all of the trees. We don't have many trees by our house because a) we live in Utah and b) we live in a pretty newish part of Utah (compared to say, the east bench) so there just aren't many trees around. My grandma had a giant tree over her house that shaded the entire thing. Lillian was obviously amazed. 

The next day, we went to Disney World. We debated which park we wanted to go to (and debated whether it was worth it or not) but we decided that the girls would probably get the most enjoyment out of the Magic Kingdom. And enjoyment they did get. I honestly don't think I've ever seen them more excited and entertained. They powered through their nap (so now we're going on day 3 of no nap...) but they were happy almost every second of our 11 hour day. They did get a little fussy during some of the lines, but luckily, we didn't really wait longer than a half hour for anything and I had a backpack stocked with treats for them.  

Lillian was SO happy on the ferry ride to the park. I'm pretty sure she knew she was in for a really fun day.



Quick story with this picture. During Lunch, Lillian wasn't too interested in her chicken nuggets. I tried to get her to pay attention to them by asking her where they were. The girls have no idea who I'm talking to when I'm talking to one of them, so when I said, "Where's your chicken?" Sophie pipped up and very excitedly opened her mouth and pointed to her half chewed meat inside. It was hilarious and luckily, I was sort of able to get her to do it again for a picture. 



I had to get a quick snapshot at this obligatory picture taking spot. The girls were screaming and several people passing were laughing, pointing, and sharing their condolences with us. It was pretty funny to say the least.

It was hot and the girls were exhausted. This was on Pirates after we waited in the longest line of the day. Lillian was obviously beat!

Looking at the ducks...

I forgot. Sophie did conk out for about 10 minutes in her stroller. Doesn't she look comfortable?


We probably should have taken a family picture when we first got there and not within the last couple of hours. We all look hammered, hot and...tired. Oh and why I chose to wear pants I'll never know. That definitely wasn't one of my smarted moments.

10 comments:

  1. Love their cute swimsuits. DO they make the polka dot one in adult? haha. Seriously I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy how much your children look like a mini me. The beach pictures? We'll whoop out my scrapebook at the next family outing. I love you and your children. Got any pics with them and Maxine Betty Jean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! And your girls are darling, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop laughing at the picture of Lillian looking at the tree. Too funny. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable!!! Their swimsuits are amazing! And they really are miniature Kelsey's...so funny :) What a fun trip you guys had! One day I will make it to Disney World...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kelsey Of course I did. Those are coming. Patience, my young one. Patience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so Jealous. It looks like it was fun. What great memories!! I can't wait to do that with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUN! looks like the girls got pooped out on the vacation. this makes me miss florida...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! and BTW, Garrison was born in Sarasota!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bro lives in Sarasota so they do their produce shopping at the Amish market and go to the beach all the time. Sounds like you had a blaaaaaaast!!

    ReplyDelete