11.05.2008

Are Logan police more annoying than the election? Yes.

Here's the only thing I'm going to say about the election. I voted and it's over. I don't feel it necessary to divulge who I voted for, but I do feel that it's important for us to support the new President. Like him or not, that's who we've got for the next four years. Even McCain showed great respect for him tonight. It makes me sad to see that many of my family members and friends can't do the same. Anyways...

My real beef of the night is Logan police. I hopped in Josh's car around midnight to retrieve my car that I left by his apartment earlier in the day. (I hope that made sense...) After he dropped me off I was heading south on 6th east towards my apartment. Last time I checked in a residential neighborhood the speed limit was 25 miles an hour. I was going a daring 30 mph with the cop on my tail the entire time. If he (or she) really needed to go anywhere quickly don't you think he (or she...) would have turned on their lights or sirens? Isn't it a bad thing to tailgate someone? Don't they get blamed if I have to suddenly stop and they hit me? As I was trying to keep my cool with this this unfriendly cop, I look and see TWO other police cars right by the stop sign. Apparently Logan cops have nothing better to do on a Tuesday night than to pool together and sit to check if drivers come to a full and complete stop. By this point I was pretty annoyed at the amount of Cache Valley citizens that are cops. They are EVERYWHERE! As I approached the stop sign I came to a very apparent full and complete stop. I sat there and put my car in park for about 10 seconds just to make sure I didn't get pulled over. I know, it seems stupid and slightly like a child-like protest, but unless you've been in Logan you don't understand. Some might argue that maybe there was suspicious activity near by and they had the police on hand. To that I would say no. They are everywhere all the time. I've had friends get pulled over for turning on their blinker too late. Not never turning it on, but turning it on too late! Friends that get pulled over by a cop who passed them on main street going about 50 when they are going 40. The list goes on and on! I guess I should be grateful for the law enforcement and stop complaining. I'm not anti-police at all, I just think it's getting ridiculous in the little city of Logan. I live 3 blocks south of Josh and I saw 3 cops on my way home. One of which tailgating me the entire way. Anyways, my pillow is calling me and I must get some sleep. Moral of the story? God Bless America.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brittany, I read your post and it made me miss you terribly! I miss our late night talks! BUT Im coming up for your shower, so I am pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn piggies! Oink...;) That would aggrevate me to no extent! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete