4.03.2013

Thoughts for this Wednesday afternoon.


Do you guys have an amazon wishlist? I do. In fact, I have a large (58 items) amazon wishlist. Most of them are books, but I also have a snow blower and an eye shadow pallet on there, so it's pretty random. 

My allergies are kicking my trash this year. I swear, as soon as I turned 25 (last Sunday!) my body started falling apart. I'll spare you from all the terrible details, but it hasn't been pretty and poor Josh has heard me complain about this and that around the clock. 

I finally got The Sound of Music soundtrack on my phone. I think our car rides just got 100% more awesome. 

Can I tell you a secret? I don't think I like two year olds very much. I know, I know, but before you throw the harpoons my way, here me out. Two year olds are HARD. Independent, terrible  communication skills, manic behavior all waking hours, zero sense of personal boundaries (with each other mostly. They are always fighting!), zero interest in any of their toys, art supplies, or books and they are constantly sticky. This isn't to say I don't like my children, BUT I liked their behavior much, much better on August 8th than I did on August 9th. I recently talked to a friend who has a three year old and she shared similar sentiments. She hates two year olds BUT she loves 3 year olds. I've heard a lot of people say that 3 is worse than 2, but I don't believe them. Have they had a 2 year old? Have they had TWO 2 year olds? Have they had MY two 2 year olds? That's what I thought.

I got the book, Statistics for Dummies in the mail the other day. I know I'm a statistic dummy because I got an F the last time I took the class. A literal, you suck at life, F. Maybe the second time around will be better? 

Josh bought me a bike for my birthday. Her name is Carol and she's the prettiest bike. However,  I think she's missing two things. A basket and a bell. It's normal for a grown woman to have a bell on her bike, right? I hope so because I added one to my amazon wishlist.

I'm in the market for some new blogs to read. I mostly like pretty pictures and thoughtful posts. What are you people reading?

We've been drinking a lot of smoothies lately. Today I made an exceptionally delicious one. Some spinach, strawberries, a banana, cucumber, lots of frozen berries, ground flaxseeds and some probiotic yogurt drink stuff. I love that I can get my girls to eat whatever I want if it's in smoothie form.

My children have been napping for three hours. THREE whole hours. However, somebody just started kicking their door, so I guess this is where I leave you.

Until next time... 




8 comments:

  1. I love their dresses!

    I share your sentiments - 2 year olds are hard (at least mine was - I'm sure your situtation is double the hardness). My 3-year-old is hard sometimes, but she's also a fun little buddy to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree. I'm going through a love/hate relationship with my 2 year old. Two more months until she's 3. And it BETTER be better than 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a lot to say about this.

    I understand your amazon wishlist. mine spans like...10 pages? and is full of books and makeup and random crap I want to buy someday. it's very useful for Christmas list making. (because that is a thing my mom still makes me do)

    I totally understand the falling apart after 25. I've had more weird pains and issues in the last 5 months than I think ever in my life. the other day I bent to get something out of the fridge and got a cramp in my neck that I thought was going to kill me. also I get heartburn sometimes now? let's never age again.

    I am glad to know in advance that you don't like two year olds, so that I don't feel guilty when I have my own.

    I hope it's acceptable for a grownup to have a bike basket because my bike definitely still does. brian has the boy version of your bike! it's black.

    Also, now I want a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bike (that i sadly had to leave in Italy.. sigh) had both a basket and a bell. Totally acceptable - and in Germany even required (the bell-part). As in - you can get a ticket for going without one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you read Wily Brunette? She has both beautiful pictures and very thoughtful posts. She is one of my favorites. Just in case you don't : http://or-so-i-feel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand where you are coming from with stats. I'm still wondering how I did good in that class. It was the worst class I have ever taken and it made me cry numerous times. I really hate online classes, but I took it online and I think that helped me because I was able to use the internet and book for help on tests. Did you take the first one online? Maybe you should try that. I got my first and only F in chemistry. I dropped it and took a W. Like you, I dread re-taking it. Good luck! You'll do better this time, I'm sure. It happens to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you read my friend Julia's recent blog post about how much her two year old sucks? It's the best. Sloanandjulia.blogspot.com and here are two more awesome blogs for you, (the only blogs I read besides my friends' anymore.) Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton and Under the Sycamore by Ashley Ann Cambell. The reason I'm not just linking, is because I'm afraid to leave this comment box and come back. My phone usually has conniptions over that sort of thing. Much like my two two-year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sad to inform you that 4 year olds are the worst, but at least you get the reward of having a 5 year old at the end. 5 year olds are AWESOME!!!!
    4 year olds can generate lovely sentences as I HATE you, I wish you weren't part of my family (um it's my family and the feeling is mutual right now), and my all time favorite I'm going to kill you.
    Hang in there. It does get better. I promise. It just takes a lot longer than we moms would like.

    ReplyDelete