Wow. What a week! I'm am exhausted. I've been sick most of the week, Josh has been on graves (which means less sleep and more stress for all of us) and I've been banging my head against a wall with all of this political banter. Can next week be here already so we can forget about this week? I'd like that. Until then, here are some random things that have been going on...
A big thing that's been on my mind this week, is this whole going private issue. Did you know you can only have 99 readers when you go private? I didn't until last night. Now, I don't have too many more regular readers than that, but I did have 99 comments on my post asking for emails. On top of that, I know of several other people that I know read my blog who I haven't heard from yet. So...? I'm not sure what to do. Do I make a second, identical private blog? Do I just scrap the whole idea and keep my blog open? Do I just hack some of you randomly out of my cyber existence? I don't think the last option is a good one, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. Why is this such a big deal for me?! Bah! Last night I took some sleep aids because I knew that I would be up all night thinking about it. Ridiculous, right? I'm not sure what I'll do.
Have I ever complained about our bed on here? I doubt it because complaining about something like that probably makes me seem super ungrateful, but you guys, I've been having a hate/hate relationship with our mattress for years. It originally was Josh's aunts. They slept on it for a short time, but then moved it to the guest bedroom. I'm not sure how much usage it got there, but after several years (like 5ish I think?) it was given to Josh's parent's a his brothers have slept on it at different times. Then, we got it and have been using it for 4 years. I'm incredibly grateful we were given it for free, don't get me wrong, but it was so uncomfortable. It was a pillow top and so worn down. There were body imprints in it and no matter how we flipped, turned or smacked it, it was uncomfortable. A few weeks ago, we decided that enough was enough and we were going to buy a new bed. Sometimes we're a little impulsive with purchases and within a few days we had a bed frame (with head and foot board...I'm so excited! It's beautiful!) ordered and we were sleeping on a new memory foam mattress. I love it so, so much.
It's November 8th and I've taken less than 20 pictures this month. And you might be saying, "20 pictures in 8 days?! That's more than I take!" but you have to realize that those 20 pictures are of two different events and essentially all the same picture. It's lame, but I've been sick. I hope to do better next week.
And lastly, I had a friend send me some information about a charity walk. It's the St.Jude Give Thanks. Walk and it's taking place a week from Saturday at my favorite park in Salt Lake, Liberty Park. Registration is free, but their asking people who register to raise money for the Children's Hospital. At the walk, there will be sponsored masocots, face painting, goodie bags, and free food among other family friendly things. If you make a $35 donation, you get a t-shirt, but that isn't required. The walk itself will be about a mile and if you want to do same day registration, it starts at 8 am. I think this is great and perfect timing after such an nasty election and right before Thanksgiving. AND just in case you're sad that you live nowhere near Salt Lake, don't worry, there are 90 different locations that are hosting this same walk. I think it's pretty great and activities like this are definitely things that I want my kids participating in.
With that, I'm off to go blow my nose for the 3,000th time this morning. I'll leave you with a picture (a grainy, poorly lit picture) because I feel like I haven't done that in a while.
Lillian deep in song and Sophie deep in thought.
Happy Thursday!
This terrible week is almost over!!

well i obviously want to keep following your blog. so chop out a random to make room for me! (just kidding!....not really)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry this has been such a blah week! I'm ready for a fresh start as well :) I don't know if I've given you my info...but if not, I'm one of those readers that would still like updates! Let me know if you need my email or not, depending on what you decide.
ReplyDeleteRe: going private, this is something I have pondered a lot, especially when I see weird hits from some place in Africa on my stats. I used to blog really really regularly, like 5 days a week regularly. I don't anymore. I blog when I feel like it and have time to do it, which isn't all that often any more. The people that I actually do care about still pop in on occasion. I used to get a lot of comments. I don't any more. I'm actually ok with fading a bit into anonymity. I haven't been able to pull the private trigger yet, though, because over the years I have met so many great people from my blog. I subscribe to the theory that most people out there have good intentions and are kindhearted. And I will myself to ignore the rest until they rear their ugly head. I hope that in the bazillions of blogs out there, that mine escapes notice of the not nice people. So far, I think, I have come through unscathed. My blog has evolved from a personal forum to put forth my opinions and share in a global conversation to mostly back to being just a personal journal, a way for me to record life for the people I actually care about. You'll find something that fits. In the meantime, I will be sad if you go private, because I adore your girls. I love the way you capture the good, the bad, the ugly, and the funny and share it with the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your stories, but I'd be alright being chopped in preference to family and closer friends. That's 98! :)
ReplyDelete