11.21.2012

A Wordful Wednesday

Some recent thoughts. 

I don't understand Elf on the Shelf. I mean, I 'get' what it is, but I do not like it. I know this will probably offend many, but that thing creeps the crap out of me! And those things I keep seeing on  pinterest that I people are doing with it? Creeeeeeepy. I hate dolls, mannequins and all things fake human, so the idea of a creepy little elf watching over me kind of sends me over the edge. I love Christmas more than most things in this world, but I refuse to let that little bug eyed elf be apart of my life. Moving on... 

I don't know what my problem is, but I've been SO grumpy lately! I don't know if it's because we haven't felt super awesome the past two weeks, or the fact that my girls have been nightmare-ish (which probably is directly correlated to our physical state), or what, but I've been a monster to everyone around me. I have absolutely no patience for my girls, people on the road, people in stores, people on tv, and just people in general. Really, almost everyone and everything has been annoying me lately.

On a positive note... Who's excited that Carol is alive?!?! You know, The Walking Dead? I literally clapped when she was found near death in that closet because I like her. She survived an abusive husband and this far into the zombie apocalypse. She's hardcore.

Speaking of television, Breaking Amish anyone? I had high hopes for it because I have a slight obsession with The Amish, but that show was disappointing. Too much drama, drinking, surprise marriages and babies and it was just uncomfortable. Not as uncomfortable as the Meet the Hutterites though...

A week or so ago, I got the Olay Pro X. You. Guys. It's changed my life. I feel like it would take an entire blog post to talk about my crappy skin, but just know that this thing is amazing. I have the driest skin known to man and this thing buffs it all off. It cleans my face like nothing else and I simply adore it. I've wanted the Clarisonic for a while now, but the $100+ price tag was holding me back. The Olay one was only $20 on amazon and I really can't say enough good things about it. It is my new best friend.

I think I'm going to stop stressing over potty training. I'm just not sure it's worth a fight and really, there's nothing pushing me to do it other than the idea that everyone else is doing it. Eh, it'll happen when it happens.

I'm a little concerned because twins seem to be taking over the world. I've been shopping the last two days now and each day I've seen at least two other sets besides my girls. Most of them were easily spotted because of the two infant car seats in a double stroller. I swear, I can spot those things faster than anyone and I see them ALL THE TIME. I just want to hug those women and tell them that it's ok if they don't breastfeed or if they can't tell their kids apart, or if they hate when weirdos approach them and ask them questions about their fertility or they tell you about every set of twin they know or if you cry themselves to sleep because you're so overwhelmed. Having multiples is hard and there really is a comradery among the parents, so I have a hard time not running up to everyone I see and assuming we're going to be best friends.

Practically our entire Christmas is coming from Amazon. I'm pretty sure we're expecting at least 5 packages this week. I really, really hope we can restrain ourselves and wait to open our gifts until Christmas. 

And speaking of Christmas gifts... I have NO idea what to get Josh! I've gotten him a few things, but nothing super awesome. He apparently got me a bigger ticket item and he says it's something that I casually mentioned that I want. I have NO clue what it is and I'm freaking out a little because I feel like I need to get him something equally awesome. I'm stumped though. I have no idea what to get him. 

I think I need to do better at "me time". I'm not quite sure what that is exactly and I think I'm failing. The girls nap/have quiet time for about 2 hours each day and it's always a debate on what I should do. Laundry? Start dinner? Catch up on recorded tv? Pinterest? Shower? I just never know. I'm not very good at this mothering balancing act and I suspect that it's kind of all coming to a peak and it's one of the reason behind my recent grumpiness. 

 Sometimes I wish you could go to a MAC counter without a zillion girls jumping down your throat. Sometimes I just want to look and sometimes there's something that I want, but it's definitely not a need. And sometimes I try to weed down my purchases to needs and not wants, so I decide to not go to the MAC counter at all, but then I get sad because I didn't even play with the item that I want. 

And sometimes it's really late at night and the girls and I are home alone and I'm on the computer typing a blog post and I swear I hear a tap on our back door, so then I grab a butcher's knife, debate  if I should call my neighbors or not, ultimately decide not to, shut everything off and go to bed. 

Happy Wednesday!




8 comments:

  1. You just convinced me to try the Olay ProX! I've wanted the Clarisonic FOR. EV. ER, but can't afford it anytime soon. I had read comparisons that say the Olay doesn't come close, but it has to be better than what I have now - which is my hands and dull, lifeless skin.

    We started Elf on the Shelf last year and LOVE it! But I can see why others might not. Curious - do your daughters have dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. firstly. i have the olay brush too and i love it! and i was just as psyched because i could not, would not justify spending the moola on a clarisonic.

    secondly. i also find elf on the shelf sooooooooo creepy. so i'm glad you agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the Elf on the Shelf either! So sue me. It's creepy and I despise everything it stands for (coercion, bribery, stalking, etc.).

    My mom swears by that Olay brush. I guess this means I need to try it.

    Re: Potty Training -- I'm having the opposite feeling because people keep giving me a hard time for training Carson before he is 3. Well, guess what, it was his big idea, not mine, and he's basically done! And just over 2 1/2! Besides, I'm not a cool cloth diaperer like you so I was paying out the nose for the disposables and I'd rather clean pee out of a rug than spend $50 a month on diapers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on the Elf on the Shelf. Im not into that at all and pretty sure will never have the urge. How does it not freak everyone else out?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you said that about Elf on the Shelf. I just don't get why it's such a big deal! And the thing is expensive too. No thanks.

    Funny you mentioned seeing lots of sets of twins. I was out the other day and saw five sets of twins. Five! Now having one baby of my own, I can hardly imagine having twins. You rock (as do other mothers of twins).

    Lastly, the me time. I struggle with that too. Let me know if you figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent the weekend potty training Creed and Carson. My advice to you is DON'T DO IT...until you are positive that all 3 of you are ready. My boys are totally different and it went very well with one of them and is such a struggle for my other sweetie pie. Now what do I do? Can I have one in diapers and one in undies? I just don't want either of them to feel like a failure. Good luck to you when you do it...but again...not until you are all ready. So please do not feel bad for waiting longer. I wish I had but no turning back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of elf on the shelf either. Santa is not a huge deal here so I have no need for a creepy little elf in my house.

    It must be the time of year. I have been grumpy too and need to figure out an outlet or some me time too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. You're so honest about things and it makes me feel better! And I hope it doesn't bother you that I stalked you from instagram. I'm a little obsessed when it comes to other twin mom's. I feel like we all should be best friends!

    ReplyDelete