Josh and I needed a place to sit in our new little apartment. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but buying a new couch is a pretty penny, so we decided to take the task upon ourselves and see what we could come up with. We went to DI and found this cute (that's a stretch...) little bright orange love seat for $30. When I say orange, I mean orange. I think if it was placed on orange shag it would have gotten lost! Not only was it orange, but the fabric was this nasty velvet that had been sat on one too many times. Josh and I looked at it, and realized that we had found it. Our new couch!
So with the help of his roommate Doug, we brought it to our apartment and started thinking of ways to make it better. We decided that we could get thick foam and stick it all over the seats and arms, and then get a slip cover using Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards to make it look pretty. That we did and the following pictures are of the evolution of our love seat!
I forgot to take a picture of it before we actually started, but this is basically what it looked like before!

Foam on the arms and back...

We used my old mattress pad and foam from his parent's old couch

A little more cushion.

Add the slipcover and we have a love seat!!!
Sweet! I love it! Good thing for that slip cover huh...;) Just teasing. I can't wait until I can give you our couches. :) Hopefully, when we get our tax return back- Possibly, in February or March. You guys did a great job though.
ReplyDelete