My baby is one. A whole year old. He is the most easy going baby who has zero comprehension on what a stranger is. He loves everyone he meets, still likes to cuddle occasionally and is the silliest little boy who loves being chased by anyone slow enough to not catch him and will giggle until he pees himself (really, that's happened...). He shares his daddy's love for music and his momma's love for dancing. He is so curious and has a contagious belly laugh. He always has food on his face and hardly ever has pants on. He loves books, his sisters, blankets, having his head rubbed, the song Moon River, his walk is quickly turning into a run, and he LOVES food. He gets less public attention than his sisters did and sometimes I can't stand how awesome he is and want to shout, "You random strangers at Target would be all over him if he was a twin, but this baby is just as awesome as my girls were as babies and nobody cares!" I don't because that's awkward and also I didn't like the extra attention the twins brought us, but I hope people really do understand how amazing this little guy is.
This year has been pretty transformative for our family and Grant has been so in tune with it all. He's been my saving grace during the flowing of sad tears and has accelerated my joy when I didn't think it was possible to be happier. I know it's the normal thing to note how "fast" the first year of your child's life has gone, but it really hasn't seemed fast at all. It feels like Grant has always been around and he truly has become my best little buddy. In the middle of a lot of soul searching, deep reflection and instability, he has been my constant. He's such an old soul and I feel like I've known him forever.
You're something else, Grant Madds. Sorry your mom sucks at blogging this past year. I've got just as many picture of you as we have of your sister, there's just less of them on the internet. ;)
Happy Birthday, baby boy.



Wow, I can't believe he is a year old already! He looks so much like the girls :) How about an update on them too???
ReplyDelete