I'm not sure why, but this post was a lot more sappy and emotional than anticipated. So...yeah...
I love weddings. They really are the happiest event in the world. I love going to them, especially since they are for someone who I love so much.You guys, I can't tell you how excited I was for September 1st. The day Lacy became a wife. Lacy is one of those people that I *almost* instantly felt 100% comfortable with. (And I say almost because *I* was the one that had my guard up. I was a little intimidated moving in with two best friends and my practically engaged sister. I didn't want to intrude on anyone, so I held back for the first little while. Anyway...) We are a lot alike. Same major, same taste in music, same sense of humor... we're really similar. And I've always wanted the best for her. So, when it came to the boys that she dated, I'll admit, I was silently critical at times. She deserved to have an amazing guy and guess what? She found him. I don't know Brian too well, but Lacy beams when she's with him. Her personality explodes and she is happy. So, I knew this day would be good. I knew I would cry and I knew that most of all, Lacy would be happy.
They got married in the Jordan River Temple. The ceremony was beautiful. I
loved being in the temple with some of my very most favorite people and knowing that we were all there for Lacy and Brian made me really happy. I
cried and am getting teary just thinking about it now.
The happy couple
Hugging her mom
And that's about all I got at the temple. After pictures, we headed back home to get the girls. They were with a babysitter (napping the entire time...lucky babysitter...) and we were taking them to Becky's (you'll spot some familiar faces in one of her recent posts) so we could go to the Ring Ceremony/dinner in peace.So, we jetted home, woke up the girls, got them semi-ready, grabbed all of our already packed stuff and headed back to Salt Lake. We dropped off the girls really quickly and as we were pulling into the driveway of the church, I got a phone call from Lacy's best friend and our roommate, Hailey.
We were late. And they were all waiting for us.
Literally.
Lacy was already in place on her dad's arm, and the Bishop and Brian were standing waiting for the two of them to walk down the aisle. The Bishop cracked some joke about us finally getting there and I was BEET red. Apparently they weren't waiting that long, but I still felt like a fool. We tried to get there as fast as we could. We just had to squeeze in an hour of driving in the hour and 15 minutes we had.
Anyway...needless to say, I didn't get my camera out during the ceremony. I was a little jittery, but instantly became captivated by everything. The Bishop talked about marriage and the eternal nature of it. He then turned the time over to Lacy and Brian and...good crap. I cried. Their vows were absolutely beautiful and I'm pretty sure the majority of the people there were crying (ok, the majority of girls at least...) It was just beautiful.
We then had a delicious dinner catered by Dickies. Which was awesome because Josh was STARVING and Dickies is one of his favorites. This was all supposed to take place outside, but sadly, the weather wasn't cooperating, so things started moving inside. It was alright though because the church was beautiful. Not a typical cookie cutter LDS church that are being built today. This was an old church with beautiful property and character and craftsmanship in the architecture (like the giant safe we found built into one of the classroom walls!). I probably said, "this is the coolest church!" at least 5 times that night.
The reception was really casual and laid back. I was a little jealous of it and am thinking that's how I should have done mine. No formal line, no awkward small talk, just people having a good time. I continued to suck at taking pictures, but I had two 2 year old excuses this time. ;) But here are a few...
They finally headed off through a sea of sparklers and we took two very tired girls home. I didn't get a picture of the send off because I had a toddler in one arm and a sparkler in the other, but nevertheless, it happened. :)
It was a perfect day and made me reminded how much I love love.
It was just...perfect.
Rain and all.
So there ya go, Mindy. ;)
:) thank you! thank you! The picture with her mom makes me want to cry! What a special day. Thanks for posting so quick.
ReplyDeletep.s. I went hunting for the eyeshadow tattoos... they didn't have the fall line, and the colour I wanted was matte. I'll keep hunting :)
Oh wow, I love casual weddings. So cute. Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteThat's it. I'm wearing a cardigan for my wedding. I've always wanted to. Now it is possible!
ReplyDeleteI cannot get over that cake. LOVE.
ReplyDelete