9.14.2012

State Fair

There doesn't to be need much of an introduction for this post. We went to the State Fair yesterday and the girls loved it. We've gone every year since they were born (yes, we even went when they were a month old and I pumped in the car! Crazy...) but this year was the first year that they really enjoyed it. Here are a few ton of pics.



And yes, I was freaking out a little in this moment. Sheeps/goats/whatever the heck this thing is really creep this city girl out...
 
We did our best to recreate this and this picture, while still keeping Lillian, the toddler, contained. ;)


They had an adorable "little hands" farm set up. The kids were able to pick apples, milk a plastic cow, get eggs from a chicken coop, plant seeds, harvest vegetables, it was adorable. And I know the first picture is horribly over exposed, but I still love it.





 






 And just to prove I was there...
We loved the animals, the hickish culture, the food, and our incredible parking spot. Really, we were able to park about 30 feet from the entrance. 

I don't think it could have gotten any better. The State Fair has definitely become a yearly tradition for our family.

But seriously, look how small they were two years ago! They weren't even 6 pounds!!!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the State Fair since we went in...6th grade? We'll have to get there some year. Such cute pictures, looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the state fair, how pathetic is that? What a cool family tradition. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie looks like Elle Fanning in the B&W picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are planning on going tomorrow, which is the first time we've been able to go since we've been together. My husband hasn't even been, but I used to show goats. By the way that is a Lamancha goat, and it is actually the only breed of goat that is 100% American. It just looks like it doesn't have ears. When in fact they are super tiny. I'm sorry she was terrified of the goat. They are some of the gentlest creatures on a farm. I'd take a goat over a chicken that will peck you anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at pictures of your girls. They are about 4 months older than my twins and I get excited to see the next stage that mine will be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! do you know how long the fair goes till? i think steele would love it. i'll have to take him up if it's still going on. cute cute girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. We are finally going today, and I was trying to decide if it was worth the money - but now I know THAT IT IS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DYING over that picture of them with their faces in the holes. looove them!!

    ReplyDelete