9.20.2012

Some more thoughts brought to you by Brittany

These random, bullet-ed posts have really taken spot on this blog of mine. I mean, you all have random thoughts that you don't know what to do with, right? Here are my most recent...

  • I miss the days when you could eat anywhere and shop anywhere without supporting a cause. I'm a little bit annoyed at restaurants, hardware stores, and craft stores getting involved with politics. Because all of the sudden, if I want a chicken sandwich I'm a bigot, and if I shop at Home Depot, I'm not supporting what God wants. And the newest thing with Hobby Lobby? Suing over Obamacare? I think the whole thing is silly. I just want to eat a chicken sandwich and buy a hammer in peace. Wanna know what else I think is silly? Hobby Lobby in general. Have you read my friend Becky's post on it? You'll laugh, I promise. Unless you love Hobby Lobby...
  • Speaking of Becky. Did you know that we had a playdate the other day? You probably didn't. Why? Because I suck at blogging. And the few pictures I took weren't super because I spent most of the picture taking time trying to bribe my children to behave. Every time I'm around Becky, I want to be a better cook, homemaker, sewer, photographer, and awesome person. Why? Because Becky excels at all of those things. Here's her writeup of our morning together. 
  • I have a love/hate relationship with online shopping. Why is it that there is SO much I want to buy? I don't feel like I'm an over extravagant person, but give me 30 minutes at gap.com and a hypothetical $500 and I could do some serious pretend damage.
  •  And speaking of hypothetical money, do you guys have an ongoing 'list' of things you want/are going to get? I'm not talking shoes or anything, but big things like a second freezer, or a new mattress, or bikes for your entire family, or a new camera lens. And that's only about half the list. Someone needs to teach me to be content with what I have...
  • Sophie hasn't had a binky all week. She doesn't ask for it too much either. I think we've made serious progress. 
  •  I currently have two apple cinnamon candles burning in my house right now. It smells like Christmas and I am in Heaven.
  •  I've had a abnormally large desire to craft lately. I made felt bows, turned some instagrams into magnets, and want to take up crocheting. I have a very strong need to buy pretty yarn.  


I think that's about all I've got for now. Until next time, here's a picture.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I love these posts :) I had no idea something political went on with Home Depot...I'll have to look into that. And I totally know what you mean about being content with what you have. When you figure out the secret, let me know! ps. Let's have a playdate soon. Maybe we can even be crafty?!

    ReplyDelete