Whew. Can I tell you how good it felt to get that little vent out? Thanks for you responses. I hope it didn't sound too much like a rant, but the truth is that life with two 2 year olds is sometimes hard and I needed the world to know that. Anyway, now on to the real purpose of this post...
As hard as this stage is, I love it. I
love the humor my little girls have. I love their concern for their
sister. I love their language development. I love so many things about
right now.
I don't want to forget how much the girls love eating fresh food straight out of our neighbor's garden
I don't want to forget how Lillian has been falling asleep in the middle of playtime lately.
Or how Sophie is constantly confused by it.
I don't want to forget how sticky these girls ALWAYS are and how ten minutes after a bath, they're sticky again.
I don't want to forget the way Sophie says her name or how it's become a nickname for her. My little Fo-see is incredibly adorable.
I don't want to forget how much the girls love our neighbor. And how every morning, they check to see if she's out waiting for her preschool kids. They're so, so jealous of those kids, but I think if her students knew how much time my girls got to spend with Mrs. Jenny, they'd be the jealous ones.
I don't want to forget how urgent everything is that Lillian has to say. She's a woman of few words, but when she does talk, it's intense.
I don't want to forget how much the girls (but particularly Sophie) love puppies. I happily feed the addiction and consequently we have at least a dozen puppy stuffed animals.
I don't want to forget how these girls can spot a plane in the sky like it's nobody's business.
I don't want to forget how much these girls want to be big kids. So playing at the park with the preschool kids was the BEST thing I could have done for them.
I don't want to forget Sophie's march/walk/dance. She walks around like this a lot and it's hilarious.
I don't want to forget Lillian's curiosity. She never gives up on figuring things out. She is definitely the more curios of the two.
And I don't want to forget that these girls are best friends. They usually don't wake up at the same time in the morning, and the first girl up is always concerned about where "sissy" is. They giggle constantly, fight regularly, but forgive in a blink of an eye. They are the best and I still can't believe they're mine.








love love love the post!!! can't get over how adorable they are. and that picture of you and sophie?? that needs to get framed instantly :) glad you can find the good among all the craziness!! i'm trying to do the same thing!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO good at taking pictures of them and all their little moments. I like the Malad shirt :)
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you and Sophie (I think) is so precious.
ReplyDeletethis post made me tear up a little. i blame the hormones. but seriously, so precious.
ReplyDelete