9.04.2012

Here's the thing(s)

A Truth Tuesday, of sorts...

I still hate cooking. I try. I really do try, but I hate it. I hate the preparation, the work, the clean up, I just hate it. 

This is gross, but I have a zit on my cheek. I haven't had a zit on my cheeks since...ever. I don't think I've ever had one. I get one or two small ones on my chin eh...monthly (you know...), but on my cheek? This is foreign and I'm kind of distraught over it.

I miss school and yet I don't regret taking a semester off. Not for one second. You see, I miss sociology. I miss notebooks. I miss desks. I miss real lectures. I miss listening to other people's questions and my professor's responses (because Heaven knows I never raised my hand in class...) I will get none of those things when I return to school in January. It makes me sad.

I promised Mindy that I would do a full post on Lacy's wedding. And I will, but I sort of don't want to because I did a suuuper crappy job at documenting it. Really, compared to Hailey's wedding, I hardly got anything. I've just got to find the motivation to go through what I do have and write a little synopsis of the day. Maybe I'll do that today?

I feel like Lillian is slipping through the cracks. That's horrible for me to say, but it's true. Sophie is really starting to talk, so naturally, I encourage it by giving her a lot of attention. I noticed that I was doing it yesterday and I got so mad at myself. Twins are hard. And when you have twins off the bat, you have to instantly learn how to balance two without ever learning how to balance one. Some days I'm great at it and other days, I suck. Yesterday, I sucked.

I think I want to start doing 'monthly favorites' posts for the girls. I take so many random pictures that I want to share, but don't really merit a whole post on their own. I can't decide if a monthly favorites would be really so different from a monthly update which I swore I wouldn't continue.Maybe a weekly favorites?

I don't know if you makeup wearers have heard or care, but Maybelline came out with a new line of Color Tattoos and I'm obsessed with Barely Beige. Absolutely obsessed. I saw someone mention it on facebook and I ran to Walgreen's and luckily picked up the last one. They're a lot like Mac Paint Pots only half the price and the beige one is beautiful. I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I could replace everything I have for this and a slightly darker crease color. You should ask Josh how excited I was to get it. I talked about it all night. I made him stare at the swatches on my hand and 'oooo' and 'awwwwwe' over it with me. And for the next couple of days I would say things like "you know what makes me happy?" and he'd respond with "your new makeup?" He was right. That was what I was going to say.

I'm beginning to hate politics. I don't really agree with anyone and I don't particular like anyone. And I'm kind of over the idea that because I'm a Utah Mormon, I must like Mitt Romney. Guess what? I don't. I just want November to come so we can get this whole election thing over with. I've writing in Leslie Knope.

I've been needing to wear a light jacket on my morning walks/jogs (although we only jog when we're feeling particularly super-womanish. It's totally my fault. Jenny, you picked a lazy workout buddy...) It makes me so happy. I love autumn. It's definitely the best time of the year.

I love Pinterest. There are so many pretty things to be found and it makes me feel like a human. Like I have interests and {potential} hobbies. Potential... ;)

And there you have it. My list of truths for this fine Tuesday morning.

4 comments:

  1. -I don't like politics. I have some opinions and thoughts, but mostly...I don't know what the right answers are, and I hate all the not-so-friendly debates that are invading fb and real life.
    -Love Parks and Rec
    -I miss the things you wrote about school too
    -Sometimes I hate pinterest because it makes me feel the opposite...not doing any of the stuff, or not being able to keep up with it. But, I still love it.
    -I was telling my mom yesterday how adorable your girls are and how awesome you guys are.

    Ok...that was a long comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Don't sress about the post. I'm just really excited to see her pictures because I would have LOVED to be there and experience it myself.

    2. I like how you publically acknowledge me on your blog. I feel honoured, and happy that you still like me.

    3. You bet your boots I'm going to check into color tattoos (I hope they have them in canada).

    4. I am over politics and glad I live in Canada and don't have to deal with all the presidential crap.

    <3 Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that our lives are mirrors of each other... at least just slightly. I have TWO zits on my cheek! AND on my chin! I haven't had anything like that in ages either... grr. I also hate politics and thought about not voting... but then one simply can't miss their first election now can they? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete