This is the first post ever from my iPod, so who knows how the format will be, or how long it will take, but I have a sleeping Lillian on my lap and I'm almost scared to breathe in fear of waking her. I want to get something happy on my blog, so here are some more things that make me generally happy.
Stripes. The vast majority of my clothing has stripes on them. I'm definitely obsessed.
Getting my hair cut. That's happening today and it's due time. My last cut was an entire year ago. Literally! My great debate is if I should get bangs or not. I've got a couple hours to decide.
The sound of bacon cooking. Bacon definitely makes my list of top 5 favorite foods. Hearing it crackle in the pan is one of the greatest sounds in the world.
Having things to look forward to. Like a good friend moving closer to me in a few weeks, or another good friend having a baby this summer, or another friend's wedding this fall.
The fact that Lillian can put on her own socks.
Planning our yard.
A husband who knows when to tell his wife, "yes".
Early morning runs. Yep, that's right. I do that now and it's been really good for me.
Getting caught up on laundry and dishes. I'm not quite there yet, but when I am, I know it will make me happy. :)
Going to parks.
Wearing skirts.
Reading old journals.
Hearing my girls giggle together from the other room.
Thinking about going to the state fair with the girls this year.
Sophie's obsession with toes.
The fact that Lillian is still asleep in my arms.
And there you have it. Things that are making me happy today.
Edited to add:
Do you guys ever go back and look through your blog at the post from a year ago? Maybe I'm the only one who does that, but I just did it and this was my post a year ago today. I remember that day vividly. I remember thinking that I was never going to be able to get anything done because the girls were crawling around everywhere. I remember being overwhelmed with the mess in our apartment. Now I've got two babies running around in a house. And the mess? Oh it's about 8 times as bad. Luckily (or maybe unluckily) I've gotten over the need to have everything look perfect. But boy was it nice when I could contain them on the bed with a stack of pillows...
Early morning runs??! That makes me happy to hear, haha. :)
ReplyDeleteDid you have to scrape your jaw off the ground? Because I'm pretty sure I do every morning I go. :) Who would have thought that *I* would go running?! Life is a funny thing... Ha!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE stripes!!!
ReplyDeleteI also love lists of happpy things. Therefore, I love this post.
Also, remember, you went on vacation to Florida with twin! Thus, you can do anything.:)
But, seriously, I admire you and every other mom of twins out there. When I was doing infertility treatments I thought about twins a lot because all of those drugs increase your chances of having them, so I often obsessively read people's blogs with twins and wow. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have TWO babies. But, I've gotten a vivid picture of it from these blogs and sometimes I didn't think it was something I could handle...but your blog and so many others have taught me that even though it's really hard, it's worth it...and that twins can be SO much fun. I seriously think you're a stellar mom!