







Kelsey is 15 today. I remember the day she was born very vividly. It was a Sunday morning and the 4 Herdman kids woke up to no parents. The phone was off the hook, there were sewing patterns and papers thrown everywhere (I still don't really know how that happened...), the milk was getting warm on the kitchen table and there were no adults. Craig, assumed that Mom was having the baby, so we all got dressed and walked to church. Me, being a grumpy little 6 year old, already hated this child because they had made mom and dad miss the primary program. I had practiced and practiced my part and they were giving birth to some kid who was going to take my place. After church, we went to the hospital to see little Kelsey and...I hated her. It stayed that way for several years. I mean, I liked her when she was cute, but when she wasn't I was quick to remember that she had replaced me. Fro and I used to throw stuffed animals at her when she slept over with us, I'd make her do millions of favors for me, and I've always kind of poked fun at her smarts. Well Kelsey, now that we're older, I can honestly say that I...like you. :) I like you a lot. Actually, I love you. I love coming home and you bombarding me with millions of stories. I love how tenderhearted you are and how easily it is for you to feel emotion. I love how much you love our family and how you are always concerned for them. I love your hilarious laugh and how almost every night at dinner you have to leave because milk is coming out of your nose or because you can't breathe. I love all of your adventurous plans for the future. I love our inside jokes (bubbles in milk?). I love how honesty and dependable you are. I love how much you trust and confide in me. And I love that you're my little sister one one of my very best friends.That's all. Happy Birthday, Kels.
Ah precious! My favorite memory is taking Kelsey to the park and the incident with the slide...hopefully you know what I'm talking about! Wow, I can't believe Kelsey is 15, tell her happy birthday from me!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite Kelsey moments will forever be "I want to join the peace corpse in BANG-LADISH! Wait, where is BANG-LANDISH?" Makes me giggle every time I think of it. HAPPY B-DAY KELS!
ReplyDeleteI laughed at Jessica's story, and also at all of my good kelsey memories.
ReplyDelete