10.28.2008

likert , guttman anyone?

Oh college! Here's the thing. I like learning things that I'm interested in. For the most part, sociology has been just that. Learning about poverty, human behavior, patterns in society, etc all spark my interest. Social research however, does not. I guess I'm the type of person that likes to learn from other's findings, not find my own. I have a test in my social research class tomorrow, and my brain is going to explode from the boringness the topic. Surveys, graphs, statistics, models, control groups, blah blah blah.... This is one of those classes that would be useful if I were more academically adventurous to pursue a masters, and actually conduct research, but for now it's just another thing to check off to get that 'oh so distant' bachelors degree. In my 14 1/2 years of formal education I've become a master at jumping through hoops. This, along with my evil art history class of fall '07, may be the trickiest hoops yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment